If you’re keen on Google Chrome in your computer or cellphone, you probably want to have it to your FireStick. Google Chrome is a great alternative to Amazon Silk and Firefox, which are each popular FireStick browsers.
Luckily, you could set up Google Chrome on FireStick in mins by following these simple commands.
Why Install Google Chrome Browser on FireStick?
Google Chrome is compatible with exceptional working systems, which include Linux, macOS, and Windows. It is the maximum famous internet browser in the global, acknowledged for its velocity and privacy settings. You can without difficulty delete your browsing records, cookies, and cache to hold your privacy, specifically after incognito sessions.
Features of Google Chrome
- Convenient person interface
- Google account synchronization
- Ability to download network apps (that are not available at the Amazon Appstore)
- Uses Blink web engine for fast browsing
- Can open more than one tab (this selection is lacking with the default Fire TV browser)
Never Forget Privacy and Safety
Make sure that you always use a VPN to keep away from bandwidth barriers, regional restrictions, and tracking from government businesses and ISPs. We noticeably endorse ExpressVPN, the best choice for FireStick users. Its worldwide network of servers lets you bypass censorship, and its stop-to-quit encryption better protects your private statistics and surfing history from watchdogs and hackers.
Steps to Install Google Chrome Browser on FireStick
Technically, Google Chrome is supposed for Android gadgets or PCs. However, it’s miles well suited with a FireStick as long as you can sideload the APK, the Android installation document for the app. Chrome isn’t always available on the Amazon App Store.
Enable App Downloads from Unknown Sources
Having the choice to sideload apps is normal for Android and Fire working structures.
1. Turn to your FireStick / Fire TV.
2. Select Settings from the house screen menu.
3. Go to My Fire TV (on new Fire OS variations, this option is referred to as Device & Software).
4. Select Developer options.
5. Enable Apps from Unknown Sources.
Now, you’ve enabled sideloading for your FireStick / Fire TV.
Install the Downloader App From the Amazon Appstore
Official FireStick browsers don’t aid in downloading documents from the community or 1/3-party sources. However, the Downloader app (available at the Amazon App Store) can download the Google Chrome APK.
1. Select Search (the magnifying glass) on the FireStick home display screen.
2. Type Downloader (or use an audio command).
3. You may additionally see similar apps, so make sure to choose Downloader, the orange app inside the Apps & Games class.
4. Once positioned, pick and hit Download or Get.
5. The app will download and install.
6. Now, your FireStick is ready to sideload the Google Chrome APK through the Downloader app. Go in advance and click on Open.
Sideload Google Chrome APK on FireStick / Fire TV
1. If you no longer already open the Downloader app, discover it among your FireStick apps and decide it to open. The application will ask permission for garage access. Select Allow, then OK to lock configurations.
2. On the home web page of the Downloader app, type the following within the URL bar: https://bit.Ly/2tVph6S
3. Hit Go, and the device will navigate to the web page wherein you can download the Google Chrome APK.
4. Scroll down the web page to find the versions. I attempted putting in a current version as well as one from April 13th, however they no longer paintings. The version I successfully hooked up became from April 14th and turned into ninety-nine MB in size.
5. Once downloaded and set up, pick out done and the device will take you again to Downloader. Since Google Chrome is established, you may delete the APK document to lose the area if you want.
6. Access Your Apps & Channels to your FireStick / Fire TV and launch Google Chrome. You might also choose to See All, as Chrome may not show up a number of the side-scrolling alternatives.
Using Google Chrome with Mouse Toggle on FireStick / Fire TV
The coding of Google Chrome treats FireStick and Fire TV as touch devices. Therefore, it’s miles impossible to use Chrome with a preferred FireStick far off. Fortunately, there may be a workaround for the usage of Mouse Toggle, which you could deploy without difficulty following these instructions. Use the Mouse Toggle app to overlay a cursor to your Fire TV that may be controlled along with your FireStick far off.
Another alternative is to apply a Bluetooth (wi-fi) keyboard with a touchpad.
Silk Browser is optimized for FireStick and Fire TV, but it lacks versatility. Google Chrome makes browsing less complicated, more secure, and quicker. Chrome is lighter than other browsers and has superior privacy configurations. Overall, it’ll decorate your browsing and streaming revel on your FireStick / Fire TV.
- How to Install MX Player on FireStick
- How to Control FireStick with a Phone
- How to Install VLC on FireStick
- How to Stop Buffering on FireStick
Credit to: wikipedia.org